Italy : Fondazione Banco Alimentare
France: Fédération Française des Banques Alimentaires, Les Restos du Coeur
Greece: 45 local institutions and more than 70 NGOs, charities and food distribution centres in different Greek cities
Turckey: Tider Food Bank
Russia: canteens, orphanages and philanthropic associations in the areas of Moscow and Saint Petersburg
USA: Feeding America, Miami Rescue Mission, Dallas Life, Food Bank New York, Growing Power
Australia: Food Bank Australia, Ontario Association of Food Banks
- Improve food systems in the communities in which we operate by supporting organizations with missions to reduce food waste, close food gaps and eradicate food injustice/inequality.
- Provide pasta donations to Chef Bruno Serato’s Caterina’s Club, which feeds hundreds of low-income children daily in Southern California.
- Sponsor Growing Power’s “Fresh Moves” program. Growing Power is a national nonprofit organization land trust supporting people from diverse backgrounds, and the environments in which they live, by helping to provide equal access to healthy, high-quality, safe and affordable food for people in all communities. “Fresh Moves” is a mobile market which provides fresh produce on Chicago’s West and South-sides.
- Donate production surplus and provide financial support to hunger relief organizations, in addition to employee volunteer activities, such as Feeding America, Food Bank for New York City, Miami Mission and Dallas Life.
SOS Children’s Villages
Swedish Work Agency
- Assist the families of refugees and migrants in the context of the migration crisis in the Mediterranean area
- Support the humanitarian assistance centre for refugees set up on the island of Crete thanks to a pasta donation campaign with the involvement of consumers
- Employment of a group of refugees in Sweden in the Filipstad plant
Italian Civil Defence
Donation to the population of Kumamoto in Japan
- Provide immediate help to the population in case of emergency
- Product donations and intervention in emergency situations through the Barilla Mobile Unit.
- The Civil Defence team of volunteers: the Barilla Angels intervened in the areas of Central Italy hit by the 2016 earthquake.
- The project of the new school in Mirandola (Italy) damaged by the 2012 earthquake was presented and Barilla gave a funding contribution.
- Food donations for the population of the Kumamoto district (Japan) hit by an earthquake in April 2016.
- Promote healthy lifestyles for a balanced growth of the new generations in the area of Parma.
- It is a project for kids and teenagers from 4 to 14 from Parma and its province. It is the result of a public-private educational alliance.
Professional hotel management schools in Poland
- Disseminate the culture of the Mediterranean Diet in schools and combat the onset of childhood obesity.
- Training activities and taste workshops on the Mediterranean Diet and on the preparation of pasta recipes for 150 students from Polish professional hotel management schools.
- Support to chef Bruno Serato through pasta donations that enable him to help hundreds of needy kids through the Caterina’s Club Foundation.
- Share nutrition, cooking and dinnertime skills with children to work towards a healthy lifestyle, for mind, body and soul.
- Developed a “program in a box” for 5,000+ Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana, including a custom-designed Activity Guide with more than 60 nutrition, cooking and dinnertime activities. Created a “teaching kitchen” for 300+ girls at the Annual “Mighty Girls” event.
- Support the Common Threads organization, which helps children learn how to choose and cook healthy food, in its effort to provide nutrition and cooking curriculae in low-income schools across Chicago, New York. Miami, Austin and Los Angeles.
Canada: Covenant House Canada, Walter & Connie Payton Foundation
Turkey: Koruncuk Fondation for the protection of minors
- Support kids and teenagers who live in situations of difficulty and social exclusion.
- Organisation of company voluntary campaigns to collect clothes and toys.
- Donations of food and money to support kids in hospitality centres.
Lösev: Turkish association helping kids with leukaemia
- Offer comfort and support to young patients affected by leukaemia, and to their families.
- Donation of foods for the Ankara treatment centre that hosts more than 2,500 patients with their families.
Tyler Clementi Foundation
- Favour awareness on and fight against phenomena of threats, bullying and discrimination in the workplace, and digital communication channels.
- Support the activities of the Foundation and participation in the awareness initiatives on the topics of respect and inclusion of diversity.