International Life Sciences Institute - ILSI
Share the international perspective and monitor the global trends on nutrition, health, food safety and the environment.
- Define the Barilla annual work group dedicated to the project and attend the meetings.
Italian Chemistry Society SCI
› Inter-Division of Food Chemistry Group;
› Divisions of Mass Spectrometry and Analytical Chemistry.
Keep up to date on the topics of safety, health and food quality, through a dialogue with university research centres and other food and instrumentation companies.
- Participate periodically in meetings and workshops and prepare official documents
- Involvement as member of the Board of the Mass Spectrometry Division.
Italian Section of the European Technology Platform “Food for Life”
Share the European perspective to improve transfer of knowledge and consumers’ wellbeing, improving their health and longevity.
- Participate regularly in the meetings.
- Contribute to the drafting of official documents (such as the strategic agenda and the implementation plans).
European science network for research on whole grain cereals. Discussion and proposal platform for the definitions of "whole grain" for raw materials and finished products.
- Participate in regular meetings and involvement in definition and the activities of the groups: "Technology" and “Nutrition”.
International Society for Mycotoxicology - ISM
Cooperate and promote the research on toxicogenic fungi and mycotoxin contamination in cereals, to improve food safety.
- Participate periodically to meetings and workshops and to the scientific committee.
Participate in the European debate to ensure that “food, nutrition and sustainability” will be topics presented at the KIC.
- Participate regularly in the meetings.
- Involvement in the Regional Council.
- Contribute to the preparation of official documents.
- Define and promote the national/European framework of funding initiatives.
CL.A.N. Cluster National Agrifood
Contribute to define the research strategies for the Italian agri-food sector, in dialogue with the Ministry for Education, Universities and Research (MIUR) participating in projects on nutrition and health, food safety and sustainability.
- Involved as member of the Coordination Board.
- Contribute to the definition of the strategic agenda and the implementation plans.
- Direct Participation in the food safety project “Safe&Smart”.
Food Integrity Network
Share methods and systems common to the whole sector against food frauds and adulterations within the scope of the project Food Integrity financed by the European Union.
- Involved as member of the Management Board and responsible for the “Industrial Integration” working group.
Different universities and research centres, and hospitals of international fame in Italy and abroad, including:
- Parma University
- Federico II University of Naples
- Brown University > University of Toronto
- University of Sao Paulo > Uppsala University
- National Cancer Institute of Milan
- Hospital of Parma
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
Promote the joint development of scientific research projects to improve the knowledge on nutrition, quality and product safety.
Main Studies in progress:
- In vitro and in vivo assessment of the glycaemic response to pasta and other high carbohydrate products.
- Assessment of the association between pasta consumption, body weight and diabetes in the Italian cohort of the EPIC project.
- How pasta can help the obese population in following a slimming diet.
- Analysis of the programme for the promotion of wellbeing in the company.
- Systematic analysis of the science of pasta with regards to the effects on health with a focus on diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and other relevant risk factors.
- Pasta as an element in a low glycaemic content diet on body weight: meta-analysis.
- Measuring pasta’s glycaemic index.
- Rye weight: effect of a rye rich diet on the control of body weight.
- Analysis of the results of the NHANES survey by the Center for Disease Control.
- Comparison of the effects of the first digestion phases when eating pasta and other high carbohydrate foods.
Furthermore, the Group is actively involved in the initiatives promoted by the International Food Information Administration Council (IFIC), the Nutrition Foundation of Italy, the American no-profit organisation Oldways and the workgroup “Health and Wellness” of The Consumer Goods Forum.